About the header image
The image in the header is from a statue called “The Sisters of Bethany” — that is, Mary and Martha. It was sculpted in 1875 by John Warrington Wood. Although several statues seemed to be made by Wood, the one that is so frequently photographed is located in the Glasgow Botanical Gardens.
Here is a delightful review of the sculpture when it was created, published in The Art Journal in 1875.